Best Hole Saw for Cutting Thick Metal: If you’re looking for a hole saw kit for cutting thick metal, then you will get a lot of options on the market. Everybody wants to use a tool that should not be complicated but no one can easily find that. Especially, when you decide to buy a saw, you have to consider a lot of things including quality and cost. It is not easy to know that you pick a perfect saw for you. Here we have provided a complete guide to select hole saw kit for cutting thick metal. We have mentioned 11 best hole saw kits to make your job easy.
Though a hole saw kit is one of the most useful tools and due to its productivity and efficiency, professionals and DIYers can use this. If you are involved in any industrial task or any DIY, the hole saw can help you a lot.
Heat should not be present while the hole saw cuts the thick metal. Cobalt can dissipate heat more quickly than other materials. Other materials can work, but for cutting thicker metal, a different method is required, so the hole saw is typically made of cobalt.
- 1 11 Best Hole Saw for Cutting Thick Metal Review 2022
- 1.1 1. Milwaukee 49-22-4185 Hole Saw Kit
- 1.2 2. DEWALT DWA1802 2X Electricians Holesaw
- 1.3 3. EZARC Carbide Hole Cutter Deep Cut Hole Saw
- 1.4 4. LENOX Tools Hole Saw Kit
- 1.5 5. DEWALT (D180005) Hole Saw Kit
- 1.6 6. Greenlee Carbide Cttr Hole Saw Kit
- 1.7 7. Milwaukee Electric Tool 49-22-4800 Hole Saw
- 1.8 8. DEWALT Hole Saw (DWACM1802) Kit
- 1.9 9. BOSCH 25-Piece HB25M Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit
- 1.10 10. RZMY Carbide Tip TCT Drill Bit Hole Saws Set
- 1.11 11. BOSCH HDG11 11-Piece Diamond Hole Saw
- 2 A Complete Buyer’s Guide to Select the Best Saw for Cutting Thick Metal
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):Best Hole Saws for Cutting Thick Metal
- 4 Final Words: Best Hole Saws for Cutting Thick Metal in 2022
11 Best Hole Saw for Cutting Thick Metal Review 2022
1. Milwaukee 49-22-4185 Hole Saw Kit
TheMilwaukee 49-22-4185 is an advanced hole saw that is used to cut through metal and woods without difficulties. Due to its cryogenic hardening process, it is considered as a stronger and highly durable steel cutting tool.
This saw offers excellent cutting performance through copper sheets, stainless steel met, wood , and iron brass. It comes with the hardening process instead of the traditional heat treat process so that the hole saw will remove the surface metal wearing issue.
It also includes Matrix II bi-metal which is perfect for different types of cutting. This feature ensures that the tool is highly durable even can perform accurate and quick cutting.
- It comes with sharp teeth so that cutting is easier with tool.
- It can able to cut between 3/4 and 4-3/4 inches thick piece.
- The saw kit comes with 22 holes and 3 drill bits. So that you can use it in a waide range of cutting.
- Due to ICE HARDENED technology, the saw kit is 50% more durable than other saw kits.
- Includes 22 holes and 3 drills for different types of cutting
- It can cut quickly
- 50% more durable than other hole saws.
- Simple mechanism for hassle free using
- It is not perfect for hobbyists
2. DEWALT DWA1802 2X Electricians Holesaw
Dewalt has introduced many amazing tools and due to this reason it has gained popularity. The company brings products with high-end functions, and high durability and these make them one of the top manufacturers on the market.
If you are looking for an advanced machine for cutting metal, then go for DEWALT DWA1802 2X Electricians Holesaw. It always offers flawless cutting every time.
A top-quality hole saw set is durable and surdy back plates. These plates protect your steel sheet from any damage while it cuts. It will provide you a smooth cutting experience every time. you’ll see that it performs a smooth job. It will thread the mandrels continuously to provide a smooth outcome.
- The tooth and the set guide are durable and have maximum functionality.
- The Pilot bits are added securely in the mandrels and two extra are given in the pack so that you can quickly change it, if it is damaged.
- The optimal build quality makes this boring saw kit a must-have tool for cutting work.
- It is designed with M3 steel that makes this tool kit more durable.
- It includes strong mandrels.
- The mower is perfect for cutting thin materials.
- Beginners can manage it.
- It is affordable
- Small teeth cannot perform deep cutting.
Must Read About: Best Compact & Mini Circular Saws
3. EZARC Carbide Hole Cutter Deep Cut Hole Saw
This industrial-grade carbide hole saw provides superior cutting. Its carbide teeth are made of stainless steel and those are sturdy and durable.
Though the EZARC is not so popular brand, heir products get positive responses from the users. This hole saw can be manageable by beginners and users expect long-lasting service from this machine.
The carbide teeth can handle the toughest cutting tasks. The EZARC saw comes with all the features that are found on high-quality hole saws. If you want a full-featured saw, but you do not have a high budget, then it is a great option.
- The strong and optimized carbide teeth offer the best cutting performance.
- It cuts through a wide range of materials including iron pipes, thick metal, high alloy steel, stainless steel, and sheet metal plate in 1-inch depth.
- Its deploying hole design can help you to change chips without wasting your time.
- It can be operated easily.
- It cuts any material precisely and quickly.
- It can last long.
- It is affordable.
- It is not ergonomically designed.
4. LENOX Tools Hole Saw Kit
When we talk about the hole saws, the first brand name comes to our mind is Lenox. Many users appreciate the brand for tits services. The Lenox 308042000G saw kit is one of the best products from Lenox house. This hole saw set is eligible to cut wood and metal as well as packs some effective features.
The saw is designed with T3 technology that increases the cutting speed of it and you will experience a quicker and smoother laceration each time.
The dent cutters set can cut wood or any hard and heavy metal. This tool offers you a long-lasting performance at this cost.
- This hole saw kit is designed with T3 technology that improves the quality of the teeth.
- Due to its SPEED SLOT staircase design, you can find multiple leverage points in it. So that you can inject and remove the plug.
- You can easily swipe sawdusts and remove chips due to its SPEED SLOT staircase design.
- The hole saw kit includes 26 pieces for performing any kind of cutting.
- It provides smooth and quick cutting every time.
- 26 pieces can complete different cutting requirements
- It is made of Bi-Metal for high durability
- T3 technology keeps sharp the teeth for long time
- It is not for hobbyists.
5. DEWALT (D180005) Hole Saw Kit
Another excellent product from DEWALT The 14-piece hole-saw kit specifically designed for thinner metal sheets, wood, and plastic. The kit includes mandrels, different hole saws, and other necessary tools for drilling or cutting holes into wood, metal, and other materials.
It also comes with injector prongs that can quickly change the bits. In the pack, you can get 11 hole saws (3/4 7/8, 3/4 1, 1-1/8, 1-3/8 1-1/2, 1-3/4 2-1/8, 2-1/4, 2-1/2), a storage case and one pilot bit.
- It can cut a maximum 2.5-inch hole in the wood, metal and other materials.
- It is built with stainless steel that ensures high durability.
- Its double tooth design decreases the chances to damage the teeth.
- It comes with 14 different pieces for making your cutting work easy.
- It cuts holes quickly and smoothly.
- It can be easily handled due to its ergonomic design.
- It can easily cut light materials.
- Includes various hole saws for various cutting works.
- It is not compatible to cut heavy materials
Must Read About: Best Table Saw Under 500
6. Greenlee Carbide Cttr Hole Saw Kit
Greenlee is popular for manufacturing high-quality tools. Greenlee Carbide Cutter hole saw kit comes with a quick-change mandrel option that is a must have feature for every hole saw kit.
This Greenlee the 660-hole Saw Kit is excellent in quality and smooth cutting experience to the users. It comes with strong quick-connect mandrels that support the saw for many years. The split-point pilot bits are designed with cobalt and easily replaceable.
You will never be disappointed when using this Greenlee tools. It is true that you will have to pay more to get these devices but what you get for the cost is usually worth more than what you pay. The high-quality materials, built quality, and service, you receive from Greenlee will be offset against cost.
- The Greenlee 660 Hole saw Kit is equipped with an auger, a hex-key and various size cutters.
- It features precise carbide teeth which provide excellent performance and durability for a long time.
- It also comes with an ejector spring that can help you to remove slug quickly.
- The pilot drill is designed with cobalt so the drill is durable and long-lasting.
- Ejector spring for easy slug removal.
- Includes 6 pieces for various cutting works.
- It offers long lasting performance
- Easy slug removal process is helpful for users.
- It is expensive
7. Milwaukee Electric Tool 49-22-4800 Hole Saw
Milwaukee Electric Tool 49-22-4800 Hole Saw set has the ability to make holes on materials by using impact drivers. The thin wall saw set is designed with 8 TPI that makes cutting work 40% quicker than traditional Bi-Metal Hole Saws.
Cleaning slug manually is a frustrating job. The ejection spring which is included in this saw kit can remove the slug automatically.
It is designed with top shoulder technology that stops over drilling into the materials and protects the internal components and junction boxes from damage. The hole saw kit can able to cut plastics and metals which have 1/8 inches thickness.
- It includes 7/8″ (49-56-9810), 1-1/8″ (49-56-9820) and 1-3/8″ (49-56-9830) hole saws.
- The impact drivers make cutting 40% quicker than other traditional saws.
- With a ¼ hex shank, the saws offer a burr-free cutting that is faster than any Bi-Metal saw.
- It is designed with top shoulder technology that prevents over drilling into materials.
- It is easy to use and durable
- It can cut 40% faster than any Bi-Matel Saw.
- Its 3 pieces saws complete all kind of cutting works.
- It is pricy
8. DEWALT Hole Saw (DWACM1802) Kit
If you want to drill a hole in a metal, you may use DeWalt DWACM1802 Metal Cutting Carbide Hole Saw Kit. If you face break-through frequently while you cut through metal, then this saws kit solves this issue. It is designed with raised shoulder technology that solves break-through.
The set includes three standard sizes of saws including 7/8, 1-⅛, and 1/3-8 inches for cutting through metal. The saws’ teeth are designed with carbide, so they will not be damaged while cutting through metal.
Its optimised pilot bit is highly durable so that it is never broken down while performing precise drills. The ejection spring quickly ejects the plug to save you time when you are cutting a material.
- It includes carbide teeth that last for a long time when you cut the toughest metal.
- The saw kit features the ejection spring that ejects the plug easily.
- The raised shoulder prevents breaking through.
- The optimised teeth design ensures rapid drilling speed.
- The optimised pilot bits support the saws while it cuts through metal.
- Three different sizes saws for cutting holes in different dimensions.
- It is durable and easy to use.
- It has fast drilling capacity.
- A little bit slower on stainless steel materials
9. BOSCH 25-Piece HB25M Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit
The next item on our list of the top hole saws for cutting metal comes from the BOSCH 25-Piece HB25M Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit. It is an all-purpose cutting set that includes 25 pieces and it is completely designed for professionals.
When you need a high-end hole saw to cut through the heavy metals, then undoubtedly pick Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit from Bosch. You never get disappointed.
The most important feature you’ll appreciate about this is its quick-change bit system. This feature lets you replace on hole saw with other quickly.
This is an excellent hole cutter and is extremely durable. Due to the product’s auto-disk-ejection technology, cutting holes is hassle-free for you.
- The hole saw set comes with quick-change features. The pilot bit set easily into the mandrel so that the saws perform better way.
- It cut the hole more precisely and quickly with its sharpened teeth. Due to the threadless design, the mandrel will work for long hours.
- Though the hole saws kit is made of cobalt, so its heat resistance power is higher.
- It weighs 6.49lbs that is considered as lightweight so that it is easy to handle.
- It cuts quickly and accurately;
- Quick bit switching to save time
- The 25 pieces to cover maximum cutting work.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- Bits may snap when they are struck by motions.
Must Read About: Best Track Saw 2022
10. RZMY Carbide Tip TCT Drill Bit Hole Saws Set
This RZMY Carbide Tip TCT Drill Bit Hole Saws Set is equipped with sharp blades that help you drill metal more easily. Its high-speed technology makes this set unique. This kit is ideal for indoor cutting works, and it also can install the cabinet quickly. Its carbide teeth cut metal cleanly and accurately.
The RZMY saws kit can able to make round holes in mild steel, iron, aluminium plates and alloy plate. It can also be used to cut copper sheet, plastic sheet, brass iron, other materials.
13 different sizes hole saws are included in this kit for fulfilling the requirements of all professionals. It is compatible with electric drilling, mobile belt magnetic drilling, and vertical electric drilling. The saws can cut 0.78 inches on wood and 0.2 on stainless steel.
- The hole saws kit is designed with heat resistance technology for high durability.
- It includes different sizes of hole saws that cuts holes in different dimensions.
- Its sharp blades can cut through metal smoothly.
- It is designed with carbide teeth that work for long hours on different materials.
- It is heat resistance.
- It has high durability.
- The saw kit features high-speed cutting technology.
- 13 saw pieces cut different hole sizes.
- The pilot bits can break sometimes.
11. BOSCH HDG11 11-Piece Diamond Hole Saw
Bosch HDG11 is a newly launched hole cutter kit that provides the best results. The model comes with 11 pieces saws that offers a basic cutting experience. While you use it, you can understand that it is your worth investment.
This tool kit can cut stainless steel, wood, granite, plastics, ceramic, and porcelain tiles. If you want, you can use it on concrete, but it is not recommended. It features t-shark that can be easily inserted and removed and removed like other dish fellers. The set completes its cutting process quickly like, you can drill six or more holes quickly.
- The saws set features Vacuum-brazed diamond grit that cuts through metals quickly and never snap while cutting.
- It includes Segmented teeth that is heat resistant and it cleans the debris quickly.
- It comes with a retractable shaft that provides the facility for walk-free cutting without a pilot hole.
- You will get 9 hole saws in different sizes to perform wide range of hole cutting.
- The four inchs flute and six inches shaft for effective cutting.
- High quality tips are included.
- It has high durability.
- It is managed easily.
- Do not provide smooth laceration always.
A Complete Buyer’s Guide to Select the Best Saw for Cutting Thick Metal
IF you decide to buy a hole saw, then you have to consider some factors to select the perfect one for you. Most of the people spend their time in research to buy the right product that saves their money.
We have researched a lot and pointed out some factors that should be considered while you are purchasing the best saw for cutting thick metal.
Basically, people like the hole saw because it can do any kind of drilling work, and it cuts any kind of materials including iron, steel, wood, etc.
A saw’s quality depends on different aspects including durability, speed, and capability of cutting. All brands guarantee their product quality, but you should judge it before bringing it to your home.
Quality is the primary factor to purchase a product. But for buying some tools like hole saws, you first consider the purpose. The purpose determines how much you will invest in purchasing a hole saw. The heavy-duty machines can last long but they are costly.
If you pick up the wrong saw for your work, it wastes your money, even your job cannot be done. So, first decide the purpose, whether you need it for a real job or you want to buy it for your hobby. Those who want to own it for a hobby, then do not need any costly saw because they never perform tough tasks on a regular basis.
Before set the budget, you need to understand the purpose. You can invest 200 dollars or 30/50 dollars for it. For hobbyists, a hole saw which costs 30 to 50 dollars is enough to complete their work. But a professional may spend more than 100 dollars to purchase this tool.
Professionals need this machine for heavy-duty applications so they have to purchase a tool that is larger and more flexible. These kinds of saws are usually costly.
Some Other Factors
You should consider warranty options as one of the factors to check before buying a hole saw. The warranty option ensure the tool’s durability. If your machine is damaged during the warranty period, then you will get the advantage of no-cost repairing.
Power source is also an important factor. A hole saw can be powered by a battery or electricity. According to your needs, you select the product.
Must Read About: Best Wet Tile Saw Under $300 $400 $500
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):Best Hole Saws for Cutting Thick Metal
What Is a Hole Saw?
Hole saws are one kind of machine that allows users to make hole on different materials and it also help users to cut metals in various dimensions. The hole saw can be used on the different materials including woo, plaits, metal wood, and stainless steel.
How thick of metal can a hole saw cut?
The hole saws can cut steel but its thickness should be maximum 25 millimetres. The hole saw which comes with a carbide tip can cut the metals properly.
How do you cut a hole in a thick metal?
Certain techniques and guidelines should be followed when using a hole saw for making a hole in metal. First, draw a hole on the surface to determine the size of the intended hole.
Next, make a dimple with a centre punch. After making the dimple, use lubricant before using the hole saw to drill. When the hole is made, remove all sharp edges.
The hole saws which are made of Bi-metal cut through heavy materials as well as soft materials like plastic, wood, etc. If you use this kind of saw and follow the above steps, you will not face any issue while drilling hole on metal surfaces.
How thick can hole saws cut?
The hole saws can cut maximum 2 millimeters of any soft and hard materials including fiberglass, glass-reinforced plastics, and steel. It can cut other abrasive materials a maximum 4 millimeters in depth.
Can a hole saw cut metal?
Usually, the hole saws cut through soft materials including plastic, wood, etc. But some high-quality hole saws can able to cut through metals like hardened steel, mild steel, etc.
Final Words: Best Hole Saws for Cutting Thick Metal in 2022
you purchase a high-quality tool that is equipped with all advanced features will be worth to invest. Here we have listed 11 best hole saws for cutting thick metal and you need to pick one of them according to your purpose. A hole saw kit is based on durability, speed, strength, and efficiency. Are you selecting any branded tool or going for a tool from an unpopular brand? The choice is yours. But we can say that you will enjoy your cutting work while this kit is in your hand.
Must Read About: Chainsaw Blade Direction: How to Set and Check Correctly?